Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

My little girl who is 2 years 8 months bumped her top two

Customer Question

Hi, my little girl who is 2 years 8 months bumped her top two teeth on her brothers knee yesterday when they were playing. There was a very small amount of blood aroynd the top edges of the teeth at the time. She cried and since has complained they hurt. They dont feel wobbly or anything. I am just concerned they will discolour or there is a problem because she is saying they hurt. Shes reluctant to eat or drink because of it.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

This kind of an injury doesn't seem to be so serious. Moreover, the discolouration would happen only over a period of time. Also, the teeth haven't become mobile.

The bleeding is common, that is from the gums.

The pain is due to the concussion. I suggest you take her to a Pediatric Dentist for a X ray to confirm the extent of the injury. Also, a painkiller (in the form of a syrup) will help.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.

I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere