Dr Aires
Dr Aires, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Director at Berger Aires A professional Dental Corporation
92121551

My daughters baby tooth came out, but a piece of it is still

Customer Question

My daughters baby tooth came out, but a piece of it is still in the gum. The tooth was bad and was discolored. The remaining piece is also discolored and does not look healthy. Shall I try to take it out?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Aires replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr Aires.How old is your child.If she is 5-6 years old it's possible that what your are seeing is her new adult tooth coming through.I'm concerned that it looks discolored. Could you possibly send me a photo of the tooth that seems discolored.In any case I would not attempt to take out the remaining piece until we can ascertain what is left behind.

Expert:  Dr Aires replied 9 months ago.

I just noticed your child age ---8 It could definitely be her adult tooth you are seeing.In which case you should leave it alone and wait for it to erupt into the mouth.You should consider having the area x-rayed to confirm my evaluation and make sure there is no infection causing the discoloration.Please can you review my answer for me to get credit.Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have regarding your child's tooth.

Expert:  Dr Aires replied 9 months ago.

I'll be available on sunday from 10.00 am California time should you have any questions.Please try to send me a photo.Thanks