Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I'm needing a second opinion: I got a bridge done while in

Customer Question

I'm needing a second opinion:
I got a bridge done while in Hungary a month ago (an implant wasn't recommended), but now that I'm back in the US, I'm seeing my dentist here to check on the bridge and the xray showed that the bridge was not properly placed Now my dentist here is saying that I need a completely new bridge because some of the tooth is exposed so bacteria will grow causing the tooth to go bad. However, the dentist in HU who did the bridge said the tooth exposed is completely covered with glue, you just can't see it on the xray. The place where my bridge is quite sensitive and I avoid eating anything hold/cold because of the sensitivity pain. I don't know what to do or who to believe. To replace the bridge will cost $2500 so this causes a lot of financial stress.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 1 year ago.

Since your domestic dentist's opinion was based on an x-ray, any opinion I or another dentist can render will likewise depend on being able to see that x-ray. Would you be able to obtain the image and upload it here? You may use the "paper clip" icon on the text entry form toolbar to upload your digital image.