Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

Wife has blisters in her mouth she wears dentures what can

Customer Question

Wife has blisters in her mouth she wears dentures what can we do to help with her pain?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

The blisters are probably due to denture irritation. This happens when denture don't fit the mouth in an ideal way. It is common in brand new dentures, which will require simple adjustment by her dentist. If the dentures are older, the fit may not be adequate anymore, causing rubbing and the sores you've described. This will also require adjustments, reline or the fabrication of new dentures by her dentist. For temporary relief of her symptoms, there are many over the counter products that can be appiled to the affected areas of her mouth available at the drugstore.There are also products that can be used to temporarily improve the denture fit as an interim measure. There are many different brands, so I'd suggest asking the pharmacist what they have in stock. However the real solution requires a visit to her dentist.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have.

Dr Shernan

Do you need any additional information from me ? If not, please leave a positive rating .

Thanks,

Dr Shernan