Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My front tooth porcelain veneer just popped off I am wanting

Customer Question

My front tooth porcelain veneer just popped off I am wanting see what I can get to glue back without going to dentist
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 1 year ago.

Did the veneer just pop off now, do you have a picture? How old is the veneer? Do you plan to follow up with the dentist soon or not at all?

Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Porcelain veneers are "bonded" to the tooth using a multiple step process including etching the tooth(if enamel is present), and using an adhesive system designed to bond porcelain to tooth structure. Unfortunately conventional adhesive systems simply won't work. Equally important, excess adhesive material MUST be completely removed from the area surrounding the veneer after it is rebonded to prevent gingival (gum) inflammation and other issues. I wish I could tell you to Super Glue it your bathroom, but that would be a very bad idea. You'll need to see a dentist to have the veneer properly prepared and rebonded.

Hope this helps,

Dr Shernan