Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I just got dental implants--with 8 titanium posts. the posts

Customer Question

I just got dental implants--with 8 titanium posts. the posts have been in six months, all ok i think. but the dentures themselves--i think there may be a problem sore throats, headaches. i hope this isn't true cuz it cost so much
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: teeth extracted last summer, doctor put posts in, waited six months, dentures in now, throat sensitivity
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Have you been back to the dentist to have any adjustments done on these dentures?Are the pains in your head on the sides near your ears?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

The sore throat may be due to sleeping with your mouth open, which may be the result of improper "Occlusion" - the way your denture teeth come together in contact when you close together. The headaches mayalso be related to your "occlusion". I would ask the dentist to evaluate your "occlusion", or "bite" after explaining your symptoms to him. This could be a relatively simple way to correct your issue. It is much less likely that the implants, themselves, are the basis of the problem.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Shernan