Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist
Experience:  Dentist at Dental Care on Demand
92107790

I have a back tooth that's cutting into my gum and is only

Customer Question

I have a back tooth that's cutting into my gum and is only halfway grown in and broken and appears to be black
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
call me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Back tooth
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to be called(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I reviewed your pictures and the tooth you are referring to seems to be a third molar (wisdom tooth) that is soft tissue impacted (grown in halfway). It appears to have an abundance of calculus (tarter) on it as well, and some redness (inflammation)of the gingiva around the tooth. It's a wisdom tooth, it simply needs to be removed. To do so you will need to have a Panoramic Xray completed by a dentist and that individual will either extract tooth for you or refer you to an oral surgeon. If you are having any pain with it, this should be completed soon in order to prevent infection from spreading and making difficult for you to open mouth. Does that make sense?