Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I am a 34 yr old male and I have had sensitive teeth now

Customer Question

I am a 34 yr old male and I have had sensitive teeth now for 8 months and I have tried almost everything that my dentist has recommended. Ive tried sensodyne, act 1, mouth guard etc. and still cannot figure it out. I eat very healthy and try to avoid acidic foods and drinks. I eat eggs and toast for breakfast, chicken, brown rice, broccoli, sweet potato, salmon, tuna, spinach, asparagus for lunch and dinner. I usually have a protien shake for a snack and or hummus and chips as well. I also drink alcohol on the weekends and do have a few mixed drinks here and there, but strictly stick to water during the wk. Any advice you could give me? I do have a reverse osmosis water system that does get rid of most of the flouride in the water as well and wondering if that could be it too.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 10 months ago.

I will assume for the purpose of my response that you have had a recent diagnostic dental examination and x-rays, and your dentist has ruled out the presence of any dental disease (e.g., tooth decay, tooth fracture, pulpitis, inflammatory periodontal disease, traumatic occlusion, or dentoalveolar abscess). Also, please note that the term "sensitivity" is not particularly informative until you specify the stimuli or oral activities that evoke the sensitivity-- e.g., cold, heat, sweets, chewing, etc. Please provide this information so that I may provide a more accurate and relevant response...