Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

Week have had minor ache in teeth on right side top and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi for last week have had minor ache in teeth on right side top and bottom but not at same time. went to dentist exays and exam did not show anythng. that morning the pain was in lower right back. we did I guess a bite test and the pain was more for #30 which I assume is the very back tooth on lower right. Dentist visit was two days ago. This morning woke early due to teeth discomfort. now the tooth two in front of the the last tooth lower right is painful when I press on it. the very back tooth does not hurt at all even when I press on it. thanks for any assistance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a cold,flu or sinus congestion in the last several days? Do you grind your teeth at night or clench during the day?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

If the pain is most noticeable in the morning and tends to wander from one tooth to another, TMD is part of any differentail diagnosis (list of possible issues).You may be grinding or clenching your teeth at night, causing "occlusal trauma" (pain / injury from excessive biting force to certain teeth). Do you have any jaw or ear area pain ? Is the discomfort most noticeable when you awake ? It may be that you need an appliance called a "night night". This is a device like ones athletes wear to protect their teeth - only quite a bit smaller. To fully diagnose your problem, xrays and an exam are necessary.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Shernan