Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I have a beauttiful set of a partial plate all but 3 capped

Customer Question

Customer: i have a beauttiful set of a partial plate all but 3 capped in the back yhat have to be extracted can i have 3 ayyached to my partial so wont have to have a whole plate people dont believe they are false. i went to a dentist who wants to charge me 3 grand for a full plate. i am on a fixed income and cant afford it united health care wont pay for it. can 3 fale teeth be attached to my partial? please help me i am 85 years old and look 60 in good shape but have a-fib and 1st stage of copd. so i dont want expensive upper plate now i uuse adhesives to keep them in just fine but three capped ones have to br\e taken out they are causing me pain.please help me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: only that i still sing professionally and am happy with my partial only for 3 in the upper back that are infected and ha ve to come out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes how long i will wait i know they are trying to make money but they wont help me for just that reason.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 10 months ago.

Partial plates can certainly be converted into full dentures by adding the teeth that are going to be extracted.Your dentist needs to just take an impression of your mouth with the partial plates in place after the teeth are extracted.They can then be sent to the lab and have the teeth added within one or two days.It may not be as retentive as the partial was, but would certainly work for you with a little practice and save you a lot of money.The cost of doing this kind of repair may cost $200 to $300. If you have any further questions ,please ask.

Are you still there?

If you have no further questions,could you please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control ? Thanks