Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Had received a root canal and crown several months ago on my

Customer Question

Had received a root canal and crown several months ago on my molar . I did take antibiotics for chronic infection on the tooth. Completing the antibiotics correctly I still have severe pain as I bite . Pain was so crucial I figured I'd take out my wisdom tooth that was pressed against the tooth assuming that would solve the issue . 2 weeks into the extracted wisdom being taken out , I am still receiving a lot of pain. X Rays were taken but no sign of infection . Now I do grind my teeth a lot I was told and is preparing for a mouth guard very soon hopefully that maybe my last result. Not quite sure on what to do or expect
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 10 months ago.

Hi Brandon, if your Xrays do not show any type of infection and no sign of any fractures associated with the root canal treated tooth then your discomfort is most likely caused by your grinding and possible clenching as well. Do you have pain when you bite on just the root canal tooth or do others in the area or opposite jaw hurt as well? Do you wake up in the morning in pain? If so, does it get better as the day goes on? Are you under a lot of stress at this time? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi, do you need any more information?