Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

Name: Sudesh Question about using cefdinir extraction

Customer Question

Customer: Name: Sudesh Question about using cefdinir for tooth extraction prophylaxis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: had a tooth extracted out yesterday. Amoxicillin gives me cough & constant sneezing, so thinking about Cefdinir. But I hear it's not prescribed for Post dental extraction
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 10 months ago.

Hi, hi you are correct that Cefdinir is not normally prescribed for anything dental. The drugs of choice are Amoxicillin 500mg, Clindamycin 150 or 300mg and Eryhtromycin 250mg. Since you do get a reaction to amoxicillin I suggest you now take Clindamycin as the alternative. Just call your dentist and he can easily change the Rx for you. Hope this helps. Please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks and have a great day.

Hi, do you need more information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Thanks.

Great! Please remember to accept our conversation so I can get credit for responding. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I accept? without it charging me another $$$

You do not get charged again. The fee comes out of your deposit of $18 to the website. So there is no additional charge to you.