Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I went to my dentist yesterday and told a few of my upper

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I went to my dentist yesterday and told a few of my upper teeth have pockets of 5/6 deep. suggested deep cleaning of top teeth(not lowers) despite 6 months ago the same teeth were about 3.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My main question is if I do not do a deep cleaning now (I had one about 2 years ago) and I water floss and brush teeth regularly, could my the pockets reverse course and become a 3 again without the deep cleaning. I did go through a stressful period during the 6 month period between cleanings.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to have xrays of your teeth to upload?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

It would be difficult for me to give you an accurate answer without seeing your xrays .Many offices will try to talk you into a deep cleaning when there is really no evidence of bone loss between the teeth.I would need to see the current xrays to be able to advise you one way or the other.Water flossing and brushing cannot remove subgingival calculus.This is the hard material that deposits it self on the root surface.If you do not have this material,deep scaling will not give you any benefit.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there?