Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

How do I remove black mold from my denture

Customer Question

how do I remove black mold from my denture
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Matthew Kremser replied 11 months ago.

Well, it is not actually "black mold" that you might have heard so much about. Nevertheless, it is most likely something you need to get cleaned up to optimize your oral health. An hour soak in bleach will kill most anything; you just need to make sure the denture is thoroughly rinsed and washed before placing it back in the mouth. If you scrub and soak and there is still this "mold", it likely is underneath a reline in you denture or in a void in the acrylic. A dental professional will be needed to remove the liner or repair the void.