Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Taking Fosomax but developed tenderness above teeth on left

Customer Question

Taking Fosomax for osteoporosis but developed tenderness above teeth on left upper quadrant. Dentist can find no abcess, infection or other abnormality and suggested I see an ENT. No pain when chewing but tenderness when moving lower jaw back and forth ver teeth.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 10 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaitahnya attending you today.

Fosomax which is Alendronate, belonging to Bisphosphonates class has the side effect of jaw pain, teeth pain, gum loosening etc. A severe form of it is called Jaw bone Osteonecrosis. You need to tell your dentist that you have been using Alendronate.

You will be advised to stop the drug temporarily or you will prescribed an alternate drug.

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi, please do not forget to leave a positive rating [click on the 5th star, as that is the only way we experts are compensated in Just answer. A little bonus from your side is always appreciated. A very good day!

Please click on the 5th star [positive rating], only after which I'm compensated for the answer. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, Do you mind rating the answer positively [clcik on 5th star], only then I'm compensated for the answer :) Thanks for that.