Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

On the Top row of teeth There is an area above my gums kind

Customer Question

Customer: Hi On the Top row of teeth There is an area above my gums kind of between where the gum attaches to my top lip its to the right a little bit. Not the thing in the middle It felt like there was some sort of build up underneath
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no puss or anything has come out, but when i touch it, it did feel like something soft/liquidy was underneath. It was painful this is kind of above the gum on my top teeth
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: its not really gum swelling, since i've had it before yeah im ok with that
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 11 months ago.

To help me give you a better answer, is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy the URL of the images in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It very hard to see on camera. I feel like it might have been a gingiva abscess but not as pronounced as the one in the picture. It appeared yesterday. I tried brushing over it, and it may have spreaded out or something, to be come less pronounce, but over a slightly larger area. Have i made it worse?

That photo is just representative.

Do you have an actual photo? And do any of of upper teeth hurt? Have you ever received any impact trauma to your upper teeth, even many years past?

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The upper teeth themselves do not hurt. Just the gingiva areas. I don't think there has been impact trauma . I've tried to get a photo. I circled the area where i feel pain underneath

Sorry for the late reply.

There is nothing wrong that I see on your photos. Just the normal frenum that is not ally present in that area for everyone.

To rule out any involvement of a dental or periodontal (ginvival) abscess, a X ray of that area is a must.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.

I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 10 months ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere