Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Before I started radiation treatments fror my throat cancer,

Customer Question

Before I started radiation treatments fror my throat cancer, I had to have all lower except wisdom teeth extracted. My problem now is those two wisdom teeth are cutting the underside of my tongue. I just spent $1305 on one tooth having a root-canal and having the tooth ground down to gum level and it's still cutting my tongue. Because of the radiation treatments it's impossible to pull them. It's extremely painful to eat. swallow, and talk. Is there anything heavy that will adhere to my tongue that I could coat the underside. Desperately need some help. Thanks, Rusty
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 11 months ago.

I am not aware of anything that would adhere to the tongue well enough.

However, you might consider having your Dentist (no anesthetic needed here) informed of your situation and have him or her smooth the tongue side (lingual) surface of the two teeth which are sharp to your tongue... It can be done in moments, and the teeth can be made smooth enough so they should not bother your tongue (not so sharp)!