Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

Had root canal done weeks ago. Had pain in the beginning

Customer Question

Had root canal done weeks ago. Had pain in the beginning then it went away. Now it is back, I can not bite down or eat on that tooth. Is this normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 11 months ago.

Hi Patricia, no that is not normal. I will assume that you have had the tooth permanently restored. If not please let me know. The first thing you need to do is call your dentist and go in and have the bite adjusted to be sure there is no premature contact causing your problem. That is the most likely scenario with a properly treated and restored root canal tooth. The tooth should also be Xrayed to be sure that nothing else is occurring. Does this make sense to you?

Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need more information?