Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Past few days (three or so), I have noticed my mouth become

Customer Question

Hi. For the past few days (three or so), I have noticed my mouth become more and more sore, dry, and red. It started with my lips becoming chap, and then a small round bump with a tiny spot of white on it appeared in the corner of my lip. I applied every lip medication I own, but the bump will not seem to disappear and my lips hardly lubricate. Aside from that, the worst part is my tongue's reaction to my dry mouth. My tongue's tip's taste buds became inflamed, irritated, sensitive, red, sore, and less and less useful for tasting foods. From here, my throat become extremely dry and caused bad pain when swallowing. To top it off, the sides of my tongue have been in the most pain. The sides have raised skin from almost the very front of my tongue to the back of my tongue, directly in the middle. The raised skin is red, irritated, raw, and it is accompanied by small white bumps that resemble whiteheads from front to back. The raised skin on side resembles donuts standing upward in a row or a fat slinky, made of skin of course. The pain is extremely unbearable, but without knowing what exactly is going on, I am having a hard time convincing my father of the severity of the pain and gettjng me in to a doctor to alleviate my symptoms. Thank you for helping me. I can't wait for an answer to get on the road to alleviate this painful painful problem.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any information on what I could possibly have would be great. I am more concerned as to what this is on my tongue causing one of the worst pains I've ever felt than I am with the cause of it. I'd like to know the name of the inconvenience that makes it a nightmare for me to eat, swallow, sometimes talk, lick my lips, and swallow.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of the tongue/mouth?