Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

My friend is in servere tooth pain, she says the pain is

Customer Question

Hi, my friend is in servere tooth pain, she says the pain is worse than labor, she took Vicodin and it's still not helping and I want to help her out- is there an Otc med she can take this weekend before she goes and see's a dentist on Monday thanks for your help :-)
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

A very good way to control dental pain using over the counter medications is to switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease. If this does not help, call your dentists telephone number today.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere