Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Days now I have been experiencing pain throughout my teeth,

Customer Question

For several days now I have been experiencing pain throughout my teeth, not excruciating but bothersome. It's most of the time that I feel this & the pain can shift from feeling like it's in the lower teeth to feeling like it's in the upper teeth?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.
This can be due to trigeminal neuralgia which can present with pain in the teeth because the teeth are supplied by a branch of the maxillary nerve.

The problem here is not in the teeth themselves but the nerve that supplies them.

I would suggest that you start taking an anti inflammatory like Advil 400 mg thrice a day and also remain on a soft diet.

A visit to your PCP is warranted so that a referral can be made to a Neurologist or a Dentist who can further evaluate the issue and order an x ray and blood work.

Starting on a vitamin B supplement will also be beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

When was the last time that your teeth were cleaned? Do you have any congestion or sinus problems currently? Is the pain that you are experiencing more like a dull ache or are they sharp shooting pains? Do you clench or grind your teeth?Do you have any pains in front of your ears? Have you been under an increased amount of stress in the past several days?