Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I recently had an xray done where a small dot or dots were

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I recently had an xray done where a small white dot or dots were found in my lower jaw, my dentist said I could have an oral surgeon look at it but didn't think it was anything, I have no pain or swelling
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, I did have my wisdom teeth pulled in the year 2000
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible for you to upload the xray so that I can see what you are looking at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, here are the xrays
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

I agree that these white images do not need to be evaluated by a surgeon.It appears like these images may be even superimposed over the bone and are not actually in the bone itself rather it may represent a bit of calcification in a salivary gland duct possibly.In any event,this xray does not look suspicious and I really feel that you have nothing to worry about.I seriously doubt that any surgeon would advise anything more than to just re xray the area in a few years and that nothing invasive as far as biopsies would be recommended in this case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

When you get a chance,can you please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site ? Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need some help?