Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Bornfeld, I have had treatment collapsed bite (due to

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Bornfeld,
I have had treatment for a collapsed bite (due to previous dentist filing crowns down too far while trying to re cement old bridge and crowns) and I had a rushed 30 day treatment overseas to save money. I did have treatment before at same place and it was exceptional so I thought I would return. However, adjusting and raising the bite is complicated as I did know before I started this process and decided to take the chance. My dentist recommended that I stay longer, wearing temp cement to make sure all was good. We even raised the height of the crowns (12 in back both sides), one last time. When the temp cement was in, for 2 days, it felt ok but I decided on the permanent cement since it felt ok. the morning after the permanent cement was applied and I did wear my night guard for the first time, the bite felt lower as the teeth had somehow sunk further into mu gums as they probably do, and now they feel too low again as I hit my top teeth on my bottom lower front t
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking that after a few weeks my mouth/bite will adjust and perhaps it is not low as I think. After getting used to the new dimension and teeth, perhaps the lower bottom teeth will no longer hit while speaking. I just know that 1mm or less makes a huge difference and that after the completion of the permanent cement, it felt perfect. Speaking was no problem. It was just the following morning when it felt like the teeth had sunk further into my gums and the bite felt lower. Also from a novacaine injection about 2 wks ago in the rear lower jaw, I still cannot open my mouth as wide as before as the "hinge" is still sore. My dentist told me this is normal and takes time. I don't want to worry too much but if I was more cautious, I would have done the treatment at another time when I had more time or atleast stayed 2-3 more days to make sure the bite was high enough. Just wanted to update you with these extra details...Thank you.
C.F.
NYC
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already cancelled my order and requested a refund as I did not receive an answer within the 24 hrs promised. Also, how is an ophthalmologist going to address my dental issues?
What a scam company...