Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Today I had a temporary bridge placed - spans from a pre

Customer Question

Hello! So today I had a temporary bridge placed - spans from a pre molar to a wisdom tooth to replace two upper right molars in total. Looks absolutely fantastic especially for a temporary! It was milled in the dentists office while I waited. My question
- it was cemented with something he referred to as RelyX - how long is it likely to stay in for? He wants to wait until February to place the permanent lab made bridge (he will re scan at that time) ----- I'm super concerned that it might just fall out! I
have noticed it feels a little strange when drinking etc. Any thoughts?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Rely X is a top grade permanent luring cement, your crown will not fall off till February, don't worry.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!That's what I thought, but on research I also found a "RelyX Temp NE" -- it wasn't cured if that helps, it was placed in the bridge and then pushed into my mouth for 2 minutes or so.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Rely X is a large family of cements. Since you didn't mention Rely X temp, I assumed it was the regular rely X. Since this is a temp cement, it is much weaker than the regular cement.

However, it is still good enough to hold a crown or bridge in place for a week or so. I myself will not expect a temp cement to keep a 4 unit bridge on for 2 months.

Lastly, don't worry about the absence of curing. Temp cents are rarely dual cure cements. They are self cured, they do not require any special exposure to light.

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere