Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have had 2 major dental problems in the past 5 yrs or so.

Customer Question

I have had 2 major dental problems in the past 5 yrs or so. First off I had a root canal with a gold crown on the very last tooth on the bottom left. Years ago I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed. I now have a tooth emerging from right under the site of the root canal. Adding this to the existing failed TMJ surgeries, the discomfort and swelling is indescribable. Secondly, in 2009 I had a bridge installed in the top front of my teeth (paid $5000.00) after knocking out my front teeth due to an accident caused by an MS issue. I was told the bridge would be the final solution, but actually lasted 5 years before the seal broke, and I am now told I have to pay another 5-7K to rectify the issue AGAIN. Would REALLY appreciate some advice on these issues as the costs are all out of pocket. Thank you!
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

So there are two main issues :

1. The tooth coming in under the root canaled site:

This could be a supernumerary tooth. This is quite common and more often than not, such teeth are impacted. That is, they do no erupt in line with the other teeth. They need to be surgically removed.

2. The bridge failing :

There are numerous factors on which the success of a dental bridge depends :

- the teeth preparation technique

- the quality of the work of the lab

- the cementation procedure

Without knowing how an of these steps were done, it is impossible to pinpoint any one cause.

I'm sorry that you have had to endure so much dental trouble over the years. All I can say is that the supernumerary tooth is an unfortunate coincidence, and the failed bridge can be a error.

Hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.

I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere