Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I had a cyst removed from the roof of my mouth that we

Customer Question

I had a cyst removed from the roof of my mouth that we thought was a mucocele. The oral surgeon just called to let me know that the doctor from the lab called and the cyst was not cancerous, but they saw cells within the sample taken that would indicate
a tumor. They want me to come back to their office in a month for a couple of months, then every other month for about a year. If they see anything he mentioned they may have to take a large section out of the roof of my mouth. I'm confused how it isn't cancerous,
but there is still concern. Just need some assistance trying to determine what is going on.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 1 year ago.

Because your oral surgeon's guidance was based on the pathology report, it would be helpful if you could obtain a copy of the report and upload it here; I would be happy to interpret it for you.