Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a dark patch inside my cheek been about 2.5 weeks now

Customer Question

I have a dark brown patch inside my cheek been about 2.5 weeks now no pain slightly raised my tongue can definitely feel it. I ate wings last night and the heat inflamed it then I put ice on it and it went down. I rarely smoke maybe a few cigars a year if that drink sparingly maybe had one cigarette my whole life. Dipped sparingly as a kid but haven't for like 5 plus years.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question on Just Answer.

To help me give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says the file is to large and the link u gave me does not work
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand why imgur.com would not work, simply enter imgur in Google and go to the first link you get. Or try any other photo sharing site. Any one would do.

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://i.imgur.com/VP6QlWN.jpg here it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was it received
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have received the link and seen your photo.

I'm sorry but the lesion doesn't look so good. The colour has darkened considerably, and I can see a small pin point red ulcer near it's border. With your history, I have old advise a biopsy to rule out anything dangerous.

Best case scenario is it is just a melanotic macule, completely harmless.

Please see an Oral Surgeon ASAP for a biopsy.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
possible cancer well I called my doctor and made an appointment
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I'll be honest with you, yes, that is a possibility. But to speculate without a biopsy isn't advisable.

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere