Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Today I noticed that the back of my bottom front teeth feel

Customer Question

Today I noticed that the back of my bottom front teeth feel rough. I also feels spaces and a little chipping. Is there anything I can do at home to help this?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

The area behind the lower front teeth is particularly prone to a buildup of calculus.It forms on everyone's teeth and it is important that it gets removed on a fairly regular basis.Leaving it for extended periods can lead to gingivitis and if left for very long periods,can lead to gum or periodontal disease.It is common and can be easily treated by having your teeth cleaned.Between cleanings, using dental floss and brushing can help keep this material to a minimum but it collects in everyone's mouth,some more than others.Once it is removed your teeth will feel smooth again.Rinsing with salt water or peroxide can also help keep the calculus from accumulating but over time,it will return and will signal that it would be time for another cleaning.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks.