Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Have pain intermitant around my left eye tooth. It comes and

Customer Question

Have pain intermitant around my left eye tooth. It comes and goes. It is not senstive to hot and cold. but when I clench my teeth or eat I get a mild facial swelling on upper lip and side of nose. X ray shows no infection and on an antibiotic for some time and still causes facial swelling.
What would cause facial swelling form a tooth without infection?? Dead tooth? crack?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

The tooth being dead is certainly a possibility, but in such cases more often than not, the colour of the tooth changes to a darker hue.

Have you ever recieved any trauma to that area in the past? In childhood perhaps?

In such trauma cases, a periapical infection can develop leading to swelling, and also pain while chewing.

I wish I could look at the X ray myself. Is there any way you can upload the image here? If not, then we will assume a trauma related abscess to be the most likely cause of your situation.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere