Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have dentures and my gum on bottom left of my mouth is

Customer Question

I have dentures and my gum on bottom left of my mouth is swollen and painful to the touch ? I dont know what caused this and what should i do? Thank you ms. Julie
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julie,

Can you you provide a photo of that area?

You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mouth / julie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Behere did u get my pic of my mouth , julie
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm sorry but that photo isn't clear enough. Can you take another one or ask someone to help you take it? Make sure you use the flash on the camera.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam sending pic of mouth again Dr. Behere , thanks Julie
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this photo is a lot better, thanks.

This appears to be an Epulis Fissuratum, a fibrous growth caused due to the constant impingement of the denture border on the mucosa. I suggest you not wear the denture till this is treated, as more contact with the denture border will result in more irritation.

Please see a dentist, you will need a steroid/amesthetic ointment to be applied there and the ulcer to heal. The denture may have to be relined later.

Dont worry, it is nothing serious.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere