Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have an implant that needs to come out. When the oral

Customer Question

I have an implant that needs to come out. When the oral surgoen takes out the implant can he put another in its place at the same sitting.Or after the implant is taken out does the area needs time/months to heal before another implant is put in?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

That greatly depends on what the CBCT scan or the X ray shows. Why does the implant need to come out? if there is an active infection present, then it will have to be completely taken care of before a new implant can be placed.

If the implant has come out due to any other reasons, then yes a new implant can be placed at the same time.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere