Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

The roof of my mouth (left side) really hurts and the back

Customer Question

The roof of my mouth (left side) really hurts and the back teeth on that side hurt as well. The roof of my mouth is red and swollen.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo is attached.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

All the redness and the swollen area appears to be surrounding the first molar with a crown and the molar behind it. Do those teeth specifically hurt, while chewing? Was a root canal done for the first molar prior to placement of a crown?

Regards,

Dr Behere