Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

How many roots are there in tooth 30? I had a root canal,

Customer Question

how many roots are there in tooth 30? I had a root canal, post and crown done to this tooth in 1982, but don't know if when the root canal was done, if both roots were done. Or if there is only one root for that tooth?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Tooth #30 has two roots and sometimes three.This tooth typically has 3 canals and sometimes 4.A root canal on that tooth to be done correctly would have to have all canals present in the tooth filled.In most cases there are 3 canals and all canals must be filled to finish the root canal successfully .Does that answer your question?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any more specific information.