Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

My back molar when I rub my tongue on it it feels like

Customer Question

My back molar when I rub my tongue on it it feels like metal but I don't have a filling there. I have a filling in front of that. No tooth or gum pain. What is this? Hello? ??

Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like a normal tooth
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Does the tooth is front have a metal filling or a tooth coloured filling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Metal

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

There are only two possibilities then:

1. During the filling of the tooth in front, some metal filling material was inadvertently deposited on or around the back molar. This is what your tongue is feeling and percieving as a filling.

2. Your to guess is actually feeling the tooth in front, which truly has a metal filling, but it is being perceived as a metallic feeling in the tooth behind.

In the first case, a visit to a dentist to look for such an iatrogenically deposited piece of metal filling is required. If it is the second case, then the only thing that can be done is replace the existing metal filling in the front tooth by a tooth coloured filling.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The filling was do e several years ago. I was eating corn chis when I started. It doesn't feel like that today.

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I can't think of anything else. If the feeling has disappeared, then the problem has resolved by itself.

In either case, it is nothing serious.

Hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If it was something bad would it hurt and see a black spot on it or something

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Yes exactly, if it were something bad , your symptoms would be more pronounced and they wouldn't go away randomly.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Far back molar. I grind my teeth and it doesn't hurt but it kinda feels like a weird sensation whem I chew but not toothache

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

These photos are really low res, can you take better ones?

Regards,

Dr Behere