Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Thank you I am considering implants. They are very expensive

Customer Question

Thank you for asking
I am considering implants. They are very expensive in the UK and only 'expensive' in Hungary. I have found a clinic with great website and able to provide many references of happy patients. Provided the references all check out, are there any clinical reasons why I should not go this route?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Each case is evaluated on an individual basis.Many times implants are pushed when better alternatives are available.They have risks of infection,nerve damage,failure and no warranty.If they are done in another country, no one in your country will want to deal with the problems.There are many different kinds of implants and parts.They need to match up to the system that was used There are also no standards in implant placement .There are many cases where bone augmentation and sinus elevation is needed which adds to your cost and risk Implant placement is just the first stage,the restorative part of actually placing the teeth is a different and added expense.If done correctly,the period of time from placing the implants to your final restoration could take several months to a year or more and require multiple visits.If you can post your panorex xray.I could give you some more accurate information about your case.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you want some more specific information