Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Need some to call. As it is to hard to explain in typing it

Customer Question

Need some to call. As it is to hard to explain in typing it out
Category: Dental
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site.

May I know what topic is your question all about?

Please reply. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a dentist
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

ah sorry, I will opt out so that a dentist can help you. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not looking for a tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone going to contact me. By someone I mean a dentist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to talk to someone now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a dentist. Not a tech person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dentist will answer when???? I paid 80.00
Expert:  Sherry Catania replied 1 year ago.

What is going on? Yes I'm a dentist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Dentist call me we have talked for over 45 minutes. And he's as stumped as every one else I have tried to get answers and HELP from. I hope he will put some notes on here and I will be able to get his name

It's totally up to you. You can just lost your symptoms and maybe someone might know. It may not be me either but give it a shot if you feel up to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tube shaped substance keeps coming up between bottom teeth
Can't see it can't remove it with finger
Takes a floss pick to snap it off close to tooth Been going on for well over a year
Eating breaks more and food gets trapped in it Have seen serval dentist and a paylogist at the dental school at our university here in Nebraska
Tried different mouth rinses. And salt water rinse also.

And what did the dentist say there? When you break it off is it chalky? Are your teeth loose at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is totally stumped??? No it's no chacky
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see from your end who it was that called me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to record his name any input you can add would be great

I can't tell who called you from here unfortunately. I'm baffled so far myself. It's amazing a pathologist wouldn't know what's going on. They are the most definitive when it comes to diagnosing this type of thing. If you have any pictures at all or even X-rays attach them. I want to help you but if all these other dentists are baffled I'm not sure tha I can either.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can not see it. And when touched by fingers it desolves

Ok that's why it is so difficult to get something definitive. I'm am going to opt out. Hopefully a pahologist with an incredible base of knowledge will see this and be able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im a dentist and I will try to answer your question. Could the tube like substance be very thick, ropy, viscous saliva? That matches your description of not being able to see and it dissolving upon touch.

The most common causes for thick sticky saliva are a dry mouth:

-Dehydration, sinus infections, allergies, and dry mouth ( xerostomia) as a side effect of medications.

If you are taking a lot of medicine for various reasons, chances are that the dry mouth and thick saliva is due to the side effect of those medicines. Please visit the physician or doctor who has prescribed them, for alternatives, those that cause less of a dry mouth as a side effect.

What can you do now? In just two words, stay hydrated !

How do you do this:

I am going to list a number of things for you to start doing immediately:

1. Buy a cool mist humidifier to moisten your bedroom air, especially at night. (Be sure to keep the humidifier clean to avoid spreading bacteria or mold in the air.)

2.Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, and take a water bottle with you when you leave home.

3.Suck on sugarless candy or chew sugarless gum to stimulate saliva. Lemon drops often work well.

4. Limit drinks with caffeine, like coffee, tea, colas, and chocolate.

5. Eat soft, moist foods that are cool or at room temperature. Try blenderized fruits and vegetables, soft-cooked chicken and fish, well-thinned cereals, popsicles, smoothies, and slushies. Avoid foods that stick to the roof of the mouth like peanut butter or soft bread.Take small bites, and chew your food well.

6.Avoid commercial mouthwashes, alcoholic and acidic drinks, and tobacco.

7. Moisten dry food using broth, soup, sauces, gravy, yogurt, or creams.

Give these seven steps at least 20 days to a month to work. if this has no effect whatsoever, then I suggest you visit the Oral Medicine department of the dental school nearest to you. A full assessment will be required to eliminate any underlying cause. Screening tests should be carried out to exclude hematinic (blood) deficiencies and to rule out diabetes. If all this is negative, there might be an underlying psychogenic cause(anxiety) for the dry mouth.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no dry mouth issues
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Having Dry mouth is not absolutely mandatory for having thick saliva. From your description and history, I still think this is the best matching diagnosis.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have description down except no dry mouth if anything excess salvia is an issue I find I have a drooling issue during sleep that I never had. Meds have been look at by pharmist. I have fibromyalgia
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information, but excess saliva can also be thick and viscous.

There is no harm in trying the things that I have listed.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can a anxity cause this? And how is that determined
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Whether you really have "Anxiety" can only be determined by a physical consult with a Psychiatrist/Psychologist.

Anxiety, and the hormonal changes associated with it, is known to trigger a lot of effects in the mouth , notably affecting the secretion of the salivary glands.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using candy and gum has been tried I do not drink that much soda if I do it's Diet Coke. I am meds for excess fluid that my body seems to need. It's not that I am unwilling to listens to your suggestions it's that I have already tried those. As see and oral specialist I have seen the Pathogist at our university four times with no results. This has been an issue for almost two years. I spend hours a day trying to remove and keep it from building up each and every day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have anxity issues and use Xanax for it at a low dose
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I can understand what you are going through and I'm trying my best to help, at the same time I'm continously wracking my brains for any other options that might work.

There is frankly nothing else that it can be. It cannot be pus or blood.

It has to be thick saliva.

And it is related to your anxiety in some way.

Lastly, a pathologist (if you mean a medical pathologist) is by no means a Oral specialist. If you have seen an Oral Pathologist, then can you also try the Oral Medicine Department of a dental school?

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get real defensive when my health issues are blamed by mental issues. Dealing with Fibromyalgia all these years ...... If a doctor can not find a solution it's blamed on my head!!!!!! No I have a dental issue that know one can help with, and I reach out for a solution and get the same answers. I do not have a head/mind issue I have health issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are the only one to blame it on anxity issues....... The others have all just shaken their heads.....One of my concerns is what happens as I age (64) and I am unable to remove it. There are mornings I wake up and it feels like my mouth is almost half full of this crap
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I have seen slouch patients who have had less as well as excess saliva, and also anxiety.

Im not shooting in the dark and just accusing you of having anxiety, the fact is, you do have anxiety and are also taking medication for it.

I know it's been tough for you, going from doctor to doctor and not finding any solutions. Im trying my best to help you! I only wish you well.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I am going to pursue having my salvia tested.......I have calmed down I am sorry if you think I was rude. But this is A BIG deal for meIt's bad enough to have calus buildup on three of my fingers from using the dental pick style floss to remove it by snapping it against a tooth to cut it free.I don't no what you mean by slouch patient. If you are referring to being lazy.... You and have another bi issue !!!
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

No no no, slouch was a typo! I meant to write "such". I have seen such patients...

So sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yes please get your saliva tested, you are in the right track now.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that makes more sense ...... I have had same thing happen with this type of communication that's why ask for phone call, such things can be very embarrassing ! I will try to see what and where the salvia test leads to...... One question is there a specific test by name I should ask Doctor for ?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im glad you understand.

Once you go for saliva testing, everything from its flow rate to its composition to its rheological (viscosity) properties will be tested. You can ask for all these parameters to be tested specifically.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome !

Please leave a positive rating for me, so that i can get credit for my answer.

Regards,

Dr. Behere