Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have had an ache which feels like it is radiating from my

Customer Question

I have had an ache which feels like it is radiating from my upper left eye tooth and back, right up into my eye socket. My eyes are sensitive to light. I can eat and drink normally but the pain is excruciating.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

From your symptoms, it looks like there are two separate issues here. dental problems do not increase the sensitivity of eyes to light. That seems to be something else, possibly mild migraine?

The pain radiating from your left canine tooth needs to be further investigated, starting first with z X ray of that tooth.

For now, switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease. If this does not help, call your dentists telephone number today. There should be emergency instructions on how to get a hold of him. Ask that he call you in some prescription pain medication.

make an appointment with your Dentist ASAP.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere