Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I noticed that if I look really hard I can see several small

Customer Question

I noticed that if I look really hard I can see several small bumps on my gums. Pink to a lighter pink. Painless and smooth. I am a bit concerned. Have you these before?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I cannot get a good shot. Actually now that I get in there, they seem like they are in in gum. Not on top. Totally smooth. About the size of a pen tip.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry but the nature of your question is such that a photo would be required for a confident answer from me. I will opt out so that another expert can try to answer it without a photo.

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Expert:  Sherry Catania replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr C, and will be happy to help you. You said you see several bumps varying in pink color on your gums. Could you tell me if this is near your teeth? Are they just bumps? Are they divots also?

Is this something you just recently noticed? And since you noticed it, has there been any change in size, shape or color?

I would really like to help you, if you can give me any further information that would be great.