Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Need to whiten my teeth. they got dark and yellowish. is

Customer Question

need to whiten my teeth. they got dark and yellowish. is there any OTC which works?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

The Crest Pro strips seem to work well.They have been given high marks from Consumer reports and cause minimal sensitivity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i heard that home made mix of baking soda and peroxide work. what's your view on this?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Baking soda and peroxide is a great toothpaste mix.It not only helps your gums but is a disinfectant.The peroxide can give you some whitening but it does not stay on the teeth long enough to bring about a rapid result.The strips keep the peroxide in contact with the teeth for twenty minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If you need more information please ask.If not,when you get a chance ,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site ? Thanks