Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I had 7 upper teeth removed and full temp. denture

Customer Question

I had 7 upper teeth removed and full temp. denture installed. I was told to leave in overnight. The second night, Friday I have a swollen nodule beneath my pallet. I don't have a dentist number to call and no transportation. Is there blood inside or infection. Please help.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

Whether it is blood or infection, it at this point in time not matter. What I mean is with the 7 extractions so recently and all, both blood (most likely) or infection, the body has not yet had ample time to clean itself of all the residual impurities. But, as for being concerned, I wouldn't be. Sound easy I know, but I would take the denture out & gingerly rinse & swish with warm water with a pinch of salt. Try to rinse a half a dozen times a day, and then replace your denture. If pain or sore spots (and of course the nodule) persist - try to have your Dentist check such out on Monday. I think you are going to be fine. While I understand the need for concern, try to not let it be over concerning. I hope this helps you.

Dr. Rampton

Is the nodule somewhat calming down or getting smaller? How are you doing?