Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I noticed a small bump in my cheek. Close and above the

Customer Question

I noticed a small bump in my cheek. Close and above the parotid gland. It seemed to swell or fill up and then pop the last few days but there is still a bump it seems under the surface. It has a little white head or cover on top of it. I do not have health insurance so I'm not sure if this warrants getting checked out. Any help would be great.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the white spot in the middle that still feels like a bump. The other spots are from me kinda scratching i .
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the photos.

Dont worry, the bump is just the parotid papilla X a flap of tissue that covers the orifice of the parotid duct. Everyone has this flap.

The white spots are called as Fordyce's Granules. These are normal too, and again, everyone has them. If you look up this term in Google Images, you will see thousands of photos just like yours.

You do not need to get this checked out.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must disagree. The one white spot feels like a little hard bump. I mentioned I think it swelled and popped recently but not sure. It still feels like a small hard bump that is new.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out, so that another expert can take a shot at it.

Regards,

Dr Behere