Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

My Bottom teeth are coming out of my gums. I and see between

Customer Question

My Bottom teeth are coming out of my gums. I and see brown between the up lifted teeth and the gums. Can get dentures or are the gums ruined?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if you can upload/attach a photo it would help in the diagnosis.
You can also use a photo hosting site like http://imgur.com/ and then paste the url in your answer. Dentures require adequate bone to support them and my guess is that you probably do have enough bone under your gums to support a denture. Most people do? If you have X-rays then we could really tell about your bone and its level/height. It is rare not to have enough bone left to maintain a denture in today's dentistry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not have enough bone in my upper teeth but I have dentures that fit and stay on>

Great to hear! You are probably just fine then to get dentures on the lower jaw as well. Upper dentures normally fit better then lower dentures and the more bone you have left on lower will determine how stable and secure the dentures will be. But if your gums are not too bad there still. At be something that can be done to save the teeth and stop the recession but you would need a dentist to evaluate your condition. Do you have a dentist?

Hi, did you need anymore information with your issue?

Please let me know. Thanks.