Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

One side of my mouth feels a little strange when i feel it

Customer Question

One side of my mouth feels a little strange when i feel it with my toungue but the other feels very smooth. The rough side feels like it has a few little lines and just generally rougher. What could be the cause of this?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, a great description of keratinized tissue which normally occurs from the rubbing of teeth against the soft tissues of your cheek until they become callused and have the appearance of white lines. This is perfectly normal and most people have this issue which becomes more pronounced as we age. If you can upload/attach a photo it would help in the diagnosis and confirm what I believe you have.
You can also use a photo hosting site like http://imgur.com/ and then paste the url in your answer. And again this is perfectly normal! Thanks.

Hi, do you still need help with this or are you OK?