Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I found a small lump on the back side of my tongue I do

Customer Question

I found a small lump on the back side of my tongue I do smoke I'm 21 yrs could it be cancer please I beg of u to help me
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

There is very little chance that you have any type of oral cancer.The back of the tongue is loaded with lymphoid tissue and taste buds.These sometimes get inflamed and may appear enlarged.For smoking to cause cancer in general terms and based on statistics,you would need to be smoking about 2 packs per day for a bout 20 years.These type of cancers are seen in people in their sixties not their twenties.This type of inflammation is common and there should really be no concern of cancer in your case.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is t here anything else that I can help you with?