Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I went to three (yes 3!) different dentists last week (one

Customer Question

I went to three (yes 3!) different dentists last week (one Endo-dentist too)and NOT ONE of these dentists knows whats going on with my mouth!! The past 7 days has been horrible for me!! SO MUCH PAIN! The gum behind the last molar on the left side of my jaw has been so sore and irritated (yes, my wisdom tooth has been out for 20 years) and I am unable to chew on that side. 5 x-rays later and no answers is where I am at. The x-rays shows healthy teeth and nothing going on at all!!! They don't see anything! I really don't know what to do next! I am gargling with warm salt water, using an anesthetic gel, using grind no more night protectors (one Dr. though it might me TMJ, other two disagree)and taking Motrin! Any Ideas?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible for you to take a picture of that area or post the xrays of the area.? Do you have any swelling? Do you grind your teeth?Has anyone done a careful bite evaluation and checked your bite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the x-rays and I know it would be great if you could see them but ALL 3 Dr's agree that there is NOTHING in that area at all. Yes there is swelling and I do grind my teeth at night, however for the past couple of nights I have been wearing a dental guard and there has been NO change! Not one bit better! That is what worries me the most that in the past week with everything that I have been doing (Motrin, mouth guard, salt water, etc) NOTHING has gotten better! I can try and take a pic but too hard by myself lol!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just snapped a picture from my phone...what e-mail address can I send the pic to?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Send it to my research site at XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is the pain that you are feeling more of a dull ache or a sharp pain? Do you have any pain to hot or cold foods?Is it possible to upload a copy of the xray so that I can have a look at it too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent you the pic but I don't have the xray
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

I would like to help you figure this out but I need your responses to the questions that I asked you.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142 You can send the xray by following the directions on this link