Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

Had 20 teeth extracted 3 days ago. Have an upper and lower

Customer Question

Had 20 teeth extracted 3 days ago. Have an upper and lower denture. I get nauseated have no appetite but I'm weak and need to eat. I've tried milk shakes and soups, they won't stay down or can't even get down. Can you help me?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.

If you believe you have truly exhausted all of your avenues of eating or drinking food or liquids and still cannot get anything to stay in your stomach? First, I'd say try again, but when you've truly exhausted yourself & to no avail? You may need to go the the local Emergency care for IV food.

Again, I'd stress, that you really do not want to do this. But, if you've tried for 3 days, or more and nothing works? It leaves you little choice.

One last thought however: Are the dentures falling out & not staying in place - furthering the difficulty of keeping food down? If so, do attempt to use some polygrip or fixodent (Both available at Walmart or most any grocery store). It will keep your dentures much more solidified in place, and may facilitate your eating of foods. So, you may want to try this prior to any Emergency care... All the best to you!

Does the above make sense? And, how are you doing with regard to keeping foods down now?