Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I am a 38 year old female. i have had weird slightly tender

Customer Question

HI i am a 38 year old female. i have had weird slightly tender pressure above the eye tooth and first molar- only when i shake my head. i went to my dentsit the other day and he said there is nothing he can see like an infection in the tooth. i am afraid that he exrayed the last 3 molars and possibly missed the spot where the pressure is. i do not have a cold but i have a slight sort of phlegm feeling on the affected side. should i be worried that it is a root abscess even though my dentist looked in my mouth and exrayed near where the pressure is? or do you think this is more likely sinus related. also on the affected side i have an impacted wisdom tooth.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

The impacted wisdom tooth would not have any effect on the canine.If this tooth were abscessed,you would normally see some swelling or some indication on xray that decay has entered the pulp of the tooth.The other thing that could cause tenderness above the tooth could result from hitting the tooth prematurely when you bite.If this is not the case,I sinus infection could be what is causing your pain.Without seeing an xray of the area ,I cannot give you an accurate diagnosis but if you have some stuffiness and some drainage at the back of your throat,a sinus infection is certainly a possibility.If the tooth were dying,you would have swelling,pain to heat and pain to biting pressure.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything unclear or do you need more information?