Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and OMFS.
27273415

I have had ear pain and pain below the ear month. I took two

Customer Question

I have had ear pain and pain below the ear for a month. I took two courses of antibiotics. I also have a small little pink limp on the inside of the cheek. My cheek hurts too
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This might be a dental sinus infection. This needs to be examined as soon as possible. Pain from dental sinus infections can often be referred to the ear and vice versa. This can also be an infection or blockage of the parotid gland duct which opens near the upper 1st molar on the cheek. Debris and small stones can block the duct and cause inflammation and infection, these are refractory to antibiotics most of the times, if salivation or the sight of food increases the pain, then the later is likely. I would suggest that you visit your PCP and have your ears and oral cavity examined as well. Meanwhile, I would suggest saline gargles thrice a day and Advil 400 mg thrice a day for pain relief.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.