Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Can I get over the counter glue to attach my implant?

Customer Question

can I get over the counter glue to attach my implant?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

An implant is a titanium piece that is buried in the bone.If you have an implant,it is unlikely that you can see it or glue it.Are you referring to a crown or a cap?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The post is fine. The crown popped off. Can I get over the counter glue to reattach it is my question without going to the dentist? Nice creditials by the way :)
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

You can,but it will be a temporary cement only.Make sure that the crown is clean and dry ,and that you have removed all of the old cement first.The pharmacy has a couple of different cements like Dent temp or Temp bond that you can use.Do not overfill the crown and making sure the post and the inside of the crown is dry before cementing is important.They do not make permanent cement available for the public.Your dentist will have to permanently cement it.The permanent stuff is specially designed to bond to metal and tooth structure.The temp bond stuff can last for a week if the post or core is in good shape.Avoid eating Milk Duds and Jolly Ranchers.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?