Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

My front left tooth was in pain last night so this morning I

Customer Question

Hello, My front left tooth was in pain last night so this morning I woke up with really bad pain so I went to visit a dentist .I let them know I had a root canal done on that tooth more then 8 years ago . They said the root canal looked good and there was a infection from the x-rays . They said your tooth might be cracked inside. They gave me Ibuprofen 800mg and antibiotics for the infection. told me to take this and see how i feel if the pain got worse to come back the next morning . . I just woke up a hour ago and my tooth pain is mostly gone but my face got swollen and i feel like the infection got bigger . what should I do ?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Clearly, the antibiotics are not working. Your tooth needs a re root canal treatment procedure, or it needs to be pulled.

For now, apply lots of ice on the swelling. Remember to not put anything hot over it. Continue taking the prescribed medications and see your dentist ASAP.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got the antibiotics yesterday so far i only took it for less then one day I don't think I would see the effect that soon .. I feel like the swollen part is white puss in my lip and above it, like its spreading .. so just place ice and go see the dentist in the morning ?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Yes, thats right.

Ice, and then off to see your dentist.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Just following up. How is the swelling and the pain now? All OK?

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere